According to the rules and regulations, cities with a populace of over 1 lakh are permitted to perform regularisation after implementing the Zonal development plan. Zonal plans have only been put in place in some cities out of 29 big cities and Jaipur and Jodhpur are one of them.
In Jaipur on Wednesday, without implementing Zonal and sectoral plans, the Rajasthan High court prohibited the regularisation of illegal colonies in cities which as a result came as a setback of the state’s government’s ambitious six-month special campaign, ‘Shahar-2021.’ The declaration was provided on a petition filed by Roshan Vyas.
According to the rules and regulations, cities with a populace of over 1 lakh are approved to conduct regularisation after implementing the Zonal development plan. Zonal plans have only been put in some cities out of 29 big cities and Jaipur and Jodhpur are among them.
A senior UDH official said, “After the high court order, the urban development and housing (UDH) department will speed up implementing zonal plans in bigger cities,” He further added, “It will not affect the regularisation process as camps will be held for long to complete the process.”
Likewise, in smaller cities that do not have layout plans, a ban has been imposed. A source of Economic Times said that “There are 184 small cities and none of them have layout plans. However, plans have been prepared for most of the cities. Legal advice will be sought, and the process of regularisation will begin soon.”
Officials said “As per norms, colonies can be regularised if they are developed as per 60:40 ratio. While 60% can be used to develop land plots, the remaining 40% of the land is to develop facilities, including roads, awesome developers have developers who have made plots on land meant for parks and roads. The court has banned regularisation of such plots.”
During this campaign, the primary objective of the state government is to issue 10 lakh regularisations. The regularisation of colonies on agricultural land was the central attraction of the campaign.
It is figured that there are partially or fully constructed 7-8 lakh houses on agricultural land that need the title deeds. The court has also prohibited the regularisation of plots expanded on areas reserved for utilities. Regarding this, the UDH department on Wednesday also issued guidance to abolish the previous order to regularise plots on such areas.